Under Sink Reserve Osmosis (R.O.)
The name may sound technical, but osmosis is a natural organic phenomenon that occurs in nature on an everyday basis. RO systems force water under pressure through a semi-permeable membrane and a series of pre-filters then into a storage tank that holds the treated water until it’s needed. A dedicated external faucet is included so that the stored water is only used when desired.
RO system filter modules include:
- A pre-filter that captures larger particles, chlorine and other substances.
- A semi-permeable membrane filter that captures finer contaminates
- An activated carbon filter that takes care of residual taste, odor and additional organic contaminates.
- RO systems reduce bacteria, cysts, sediment, chemicals, lead & other heavy metals, dissolved solids, chlorine taste and odors.
- Maintenance includes periodic replacement of the pre-filter, semi-permeable membrane and activated carbon filter cartridges.